I understand that everybody is talking over cafes and coffee shops these times. I, myself, have been hopping from cafe to another in search for the best place and best cafe to be. There’s this cafe somewhere in Capitol Site that until now I still can’t get over with, no jokes aside! Why? They serve the BEST FOOD and BEST CUISINES I didn’t expect to have on cafes or coffee shops, ever! THERE, I SAID IT, RIGHT AWAY! Capslock para intense 🙂
If you happen to pass by at the capitol, or if you are looking for a place to hangout or chill with family, friends and loved ones, consider dining at THE 8TH MUG! You will surely love the place and the food, I assure you!
A Little History
The 8th Mug was conceived on August 8, 2018, hence the name, obviously 🙂 But aside from that, they also offer 8 different varieties of coffee drinks, still sticking with its brand name – The 8th Mug. They were opened for public last November 2018 with a coffee shop concept, serving the people with mostly coffees and simple meals with moderate prices. As time goes by, this cafe had evolved into producing and serving best, freshest and comparably world-class international cuisines while still having a Filipino palate.
The 8th Mug gives you the feeling of a prim lady or gentleman in a modest industrial setting. The minimalist but elegant interior design gives you peace and serenity, just a perfect place for some ME time especially for students and young professionals, freelancers or digital nomads who just wanted a quiet place to be.
The 8th Mug takes pride of their high-quality foods because why not? They have 5 baristas in the cafe plus 6 chefs, with Chef Lehner as the head chef, who has been there from the start and foundation of this cafe. They are proud to say that the foods they serve are products of the creative conceptualization and imagination of some fine, young chefs of Cebu City.
Their foods are also claimed to be served as fresh as it could be, as they take the purchase of the crops, vegetables and meats, on a daily basis – all fresh, mostly bought straight from Carbon Market, supporting our local farmers.
Operating Hours: 8AM – 10PM
Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Number: 09158403528
Some Important & Fun Reminders:
- Every Wednesdays, they have a “Trivia Night”, mostly about pop and culture.
- Wifi is free but is limited for 2 hours only (unless you order gain to get another wifi code/voucher)
- They accept exclusive bookings for special gatherings, occasions or events like meetings, seminars/workshops, birthdays, etc.
- 25K good for 50 pax good for 4 hours. Food is in buffet type which includes 3 meats, 1 soup, 1 salad, 1 vegetable, 1 pasta 1 cup rice and 1 dessert
- 15K good for 30pax only
- They have coffee cart available for rentals for your special events like weddings, parties, etc.
- Coffee Stall “Thinking Mugs” also available at SM Seaside
- For the month of October, they have this “October Deals”
- October 1 – 3, 2019 (International Coffee Day) – Get 10% discount in any hot or iced coffee
- October 15-17, 2019 (Lunch Deals: 11AM-1PM) – Order any pasta and get FREE SIDE of your choice – Yam Fries, French Fries or Garlic Foccacia
- October 26, 2019 (1st Annual Trick or Treat @ 6PM) – Kids Halloween Costume Party /Beer Drinking Contest/Spoken Word Poetry
- October 28-30, 2019 (Dinner Deals: 5PM-7PM) – Order any dish from their ALL IN and get 10% discount with free mocktail
HOW TO GET THERE?
Exact Location: Ground Floor, Dacay Bldg., 72 N Escario St., Capitol Site, Cebu City (fronting AXA Building) – few walks across the Capitol Building
BY JEEPNEY: Ride any jeepney going to Capitol or jeepneys that pass through N. Escario (Axis). From Ayala, you may ride 12L or 14D jeepney, ask the driver to drop you off at AXA near Capitol.
BY CAR/GRAB/TAXI: Navigate with Waze or Google Maps and just search for “The 8th Mug”.
Below is the map when you travel from Ayala Malls to the 8th Mug.
For a detailed “moving” experience about The 8th MUG, watch out for my vlog soon on my channel Maistrang Laagan.
What are you waiting for? Tara Lets na, mga Laagans!